Call or visit The Central Ohio Workforce Investment Corporation
to learn more
Think of the Central Ohio Workforce Investment Corporation (COWIC) as your partner on the road back to meaningful employment. Our mission is to prepare adults and youth for the skilled jobs of today and the careers of tomorrow.
We are here for individulas who have been out of the workforce due to military service, raising a family or other circumstances. When companies have to downsize, COWIC also is here to assist employees who find themsleves having to seek new employment.
COWIC offers a wide variety of job and career services free of charge. We have a fully equipped Resource Room where you can:
- Use our computers to conduct an Internet job search
- Write your resume
- Review current job postings
- Get the latest information on the labor market
- Make copies of your resume and important employment documents
- Fax your resume to potential employers
- Use our telephone service for job prospecting
- Research available financial aid
In addition, you can register for one of our many orientations and workshops:
- Academic enrichment
- Being unemployed
- Dressing for success
- Interview techniques
- Job Club
- Resume and cover letter writing
- How to conduct a self-directed job search
Job counselors also are available to assist with special needs.