Determining your job search needs often requires an assessment of your current skills. Assessments help us to better serve you, document your progress, and certify your skills. Through our in-center and online assessments, you can get a snapshot of your strengths and weaknesses and determine if you are entering appropriate training and employment programs.
ACT WorkKeys foundational skills assessments
COWIC is an authorized testing center for the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate (ACT NCRC), an assessment-based credential powered by ACT WorkKeys®. Issued at four levels, the ACT NCRC measures and certifies the essential work skills needed for success in jobs across industries and occupations.
The ACT NCRC is based on ACT WorkKeys research-based work skills assessments. To earn an ACT NCRC, an examinee must successfully complete three ACT WorkKeys assessments: Applied Mathematics, Locating Information, and Reading for Information. Your ACT WorkKeys scores will determine what level of certificate you are eligible to earn.These assessments measure a range of essential work skills, including the ability to:
- Perform basic mathematic operations relevant to the workplace
- Read and understand documents commonly found in the workplace
- Find information presented in common workplace graphics
- Set up and solve complex work-related math problems
- Determine the relevance of written information to work-related tasks
- Apply information derived from graphics to work-related problems
To learn more about ACT WorkKeys visit: https://www.act.org/workkeys/assess/